HEADER BLOG TITLE

05/10/2013

Teen Style


Yarn: Vinnis Serina, a 100% luxurious bamboo yarn with a rich lustre and a natural drape. It is hand dyed - colour "Storm" and I used about 140gr 
Hooksize: 3,75mm
Pattern: Drops 82-6 from Drops Design in size Medium


 

Yay, I got to hook something in my beloved Vinnis yarn again!  No matter how many other different yarns I try out, I simply love using Vinnis more than anything else.  It is luxurious and the colourways are just right up my alley.  I do not like hues and shades and Vinnis feed my obsession with tones and tints just beautifully.  By the way, take a look at the article The Difference Between a Hue, Tint, Shade and Tone for more on colours. 

The entire family also favour wearing and dressing the house in neutral colours, a perfect antithesis to our colourful lifestyle!  Neutrals are perfect for travelling and can always be spruced up with a few interesting accessories.  The below images provide a glimpse of The Teen's current likes in life and can be found on two of my Pinterest accounts namely MadameX and Raw Rustic.  Some of the items are available from the fabulous Canadian Mandula. Oh man, if ever I take a trip to Canada, it will include a spree at this store! 

The Teen selected her own pattern and yarn and I hooked the top over two evenings.  I gave her numerous choices for the pattern, but she wanted something simple that she could wear with her jeans and boots, over her ballet leotard or to the pool.  I am quite impressed by how it turned out as the pattern on the Drops Design website looked quite 80's - grrrrr.

Have a great weekend and a big hello to all my new followers!
xxxxx

 
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh that top looks lovely, and I love the yarn you have got there :) Sometimes I wonder if I use too much colour, but I like having colour around me....it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to be colour mad, but once we started travelling to- and lived in some of the most chaotic, colourful cities of the world, we realised that we needed tranquility and simplicity in the house and with our wardrobes. It keeps us sane LOL. I also favour Swedish and Japanese design above my previous love for Indian and Middle Eastern design elements. You seem to combine colour and neutrals quite successfully in your work Hazel and I do love your hair!

      Delete
  2. wowww this is great work a love it

    hugs jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I watched more on your blog. Everything here is great for me. Many things are close to my heart. Regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great job! I like this kind of fishing stitch , right? Thank you for your visit, I am happy to welcome new readers! you are a versatile artist! I've looking at your work and I like it. Congratulations for your blog! makes me happy to know that my tutorials like at people! Thanks again and kisses from Catalonia! (How I envy you! Thou hast traveled all over the world! I'm sure you are a person with an open mind and creative! Sure!) Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristina! Now that stole of your simply stole my heart, it is sooo pretty!

      Delete
  5. Hi again. Am so inspired by your choices of projects and productivity! I don't see an email contact here but would like to share this link http://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/innalusia/post213460514 --- triangles & other motifs in line with your style.... All the best, C.

    ReplyDelete